Supportive Services for Veteran FamiliesThis program, funded by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) aims to improve very low-income Veteran familiesâ€™ housing stability. SSVF was awarded to the Homeless Coalition of Hillsborough County in partnership with Tampa Crossroads and Bay Area Legal Service.
The Supportive Services for Veteran Families, which can assist families and individuals, will provide eligible Veteran families with case management, assistance in obtaining VA and other benefits (such as food stamps, health care services, Temporary Financial Assistance for Needy Families [TANF], daily living services, personal finance planning [credit repair/budgeting]). Additional services which may include, but not limited to:
- Employment, Job Skills and Training Services
- Legal Services
- Housing Counseling, Search and Placement
- Bus Passes
- Child Care Assistance
- Financial Assistance for Housing (time-limited), such as:Security Deposit, Utility Deposit(s), Rent Payment Assistance (including arrears), Utility Payment Assistance (including arrears), Moving Assistance
Minimum eligibility requirements are:
- be literally homeless, living on the street, in cars, emergency shelters/transitional housing programs, OR
- at imminent risk of losing housing, including housing provided by friends/family AND
- served in the active military, naval, or air service with at least 1 day of Active Duty
- discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable, AND
- have a household income at or below 50 percent of annual median income, based on GROSS income and household size:
|1 person||2 Person||3 person||4 person||5 person||6 person||7 person||8 person|
For more information and to be screened for the SSVF program, please contact: Tampa Crossroads Veterans Assistance Center, 4203 N. Nebraska Ave., Tampa, FL 33603, (813) 238-8557 x300.
SSVF is coordinated by the Homeless Coalition of Hillsborough County in partnership with Tampa Crossroads and Bay Area Legal Services. SSVF is funded by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
MAIN: 813-223-6115 | FAX: 813-223-6178 | P.O. BOX 360181, TAMPA, FL, 33673-0181 | firstname.lastname@example.org